OPEN POSITION: SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
GarrisonPro is looking for a reliable, optimistic, and genuinely helpful individual to join our team. We need someone with a positive, can-do attitude. Someone who wants to learn and who can help us tackle our growing client support needs.
The position of Support Associate is a full-time, salaried position that consists of:
- 40% field work that needs to be performed on-site with business clients throughout Tampa Bay
- 30% work that needs to be performed in-office at our Pinellas Park/North St. Pete location
- 20% work that can be performed remotely or in a work-from-home environment, supporting our business clients nationwide
- 10% work that needs to be performed at our client’s home office locations, to enable and support the remote work setups of our business clients throughout Tampa Bay
To be a good fit for this position, you will need to be just as comfortable crawling under desks and re-arranging cables as you are with troubleshooting network connectivity.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve assisting clients at the desktop level, setting up computer systems, ensuring basic hardware functionality, managing license assignments in online portals, and additional user-requested tasks. We’ll provide you with ample opportunities to grow in your career and deepen your technical knowledge, but a solid starting knowledge of operating systems, troubleshooting, network connectivity, and cyber security concepts is required.
As such, candidates should be familiar with cloud computing concepts, Microsoft Azure & Office 365, desktop support in a Windows 10/11 environment, DNS and basic network troubleshooting, IPv4 addressing, and basic cyber hygiene to get started.
You will be interacting with our clients over the phone, via email, and on-location in this position, so a polite, professional attitude and a firm grasp on the English language is required. Candidates must demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills, and attention to grammar, spelling, and linguistic accuracy is required. Most importantly, Support Associates should have a genuine desire to meet and exceed the needs of our clients. Your drive, determination, and diligence is critically important to our service delivery. We need a Support Associate who understands that the difference between “sufficient” and “excellent” service is the delivery.
Your everyday tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Sending out documents and information to clients
- Assigning/de-assigning licenses to users within Office 365 and other tools
- Working with our client’s vendors to coordinate, plan, and supervise support
- Responding to support requests and questions from clients
- Collecting and organizing information from technical reports
- Handling initial client support calls, communications, and emails
- Remoting into client systems to provide technical support, troubleshooting, and resolution
- Visiting client work sites as part of scheduled and un-scheduled work
- Entering tickets into our various ticketing & tracking systems
- Coordinating client site visits
- Setting up/unboxing/configuring new computer systems
- Installing & connecting peripherals such as monitors, keyboards, and mice for clients
- Performing basic troubleshooting steps on client-owned hardware and software
- Processing and managing faulty product returns to vendors
- Setting up Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) for client equipment
- Connecting basic network devices, such as pre-configured switches and phones for clients
- Following up with managed clients about regularly scheduled tasks and action items
- Configuring printers and scanners for desired functionality
- Assisting clients when they need to connect to the WiFi or their network(s)
- Assist with monitoring GarrisonPro’s early-warning monitoring & alert systems
- Other tasks as designated by management
- The right attitude. We need individuals with a helpful, positive mindset. Jaded technicians with a hostile attitude towards uneducated users or clients have no place here.
- Willingness to learn. We don’t expect someone to start out knowing everything, but we do expect that you will want to learn. If you show up each day willing to work and increase your skills, you will do well here.
- Excellent written communication skills. You need to be comfortable working in Microsoft Outlook, sending and receiving professionally worded emails with clients and vendors.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. You need to be able to speak clearly and concisely to clients.
- Patience. As a Support Associate, you will often be the first point of contact when clients misunderstand company communications or have questions. We expect you to remain calm, cool, and collected, while coaching clients through to the best possible outcome at all times.
- Organization skills. You will frequently run into situations where you may be working on one task, receiving emails on another, and answering client calls. You need to be able to handle situations like this in stride, without dropping the ball, forgetting, or sending information to the wrong client.
- Diligence. If management makes a request, we need you to be able to track that request down and complete it, regardless of whether it takes a day or a year. Once something has been handed off to you, we need you to take full responsibility for completing it.
- Accuracy. We work in consulting, where the accuracy of our speech and our word selection is critical. There is a large difference between telling a client that they “should” do something, versus they “need” to do something. Our success relies on your understanding and application of these linguistic differences.
- Rapid-fire task switching. You need to be able to have 1 – 2 remote desktop sessions open at the same time and switch easily between the work you are accomplishing on each system, without losing your place or train of thought.
Applicants will earn additional credibility in consideration if they can also bring any and/or all the following skills to the table:
1. Prior MSP or multi-client support experience. (The ability to work with an understand multiple clients who are all configured in different ways.)
2. Office 365 & Azure administration experience. Being able to start out with the ability to navigate the Office 365 administration console and assign user rights, licenses, and more would give you an excellent leg up to get started with us.
3. A background or education in cyber security. An expanded knowledge of cyber security concepts will go a long way towards helping you in this role.
4. Industry standard certifications, such as CompTIA’s A+, Network +, Security +, or any Microsoft Certifications.
GarrisonPro is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All candidates will be considered for this position.
Salary: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year, depending on experience.
- Four (4) weeks of starting paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-provided medical insurance
- Company-provided dental & vision insurance
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter to HR@GarrisonPro.com
OUR CORE VALUES
When you have GarrisonPro, you have a team that maintains a watchful eye over your technology. Our consistent, vigilant approach allows us to deliver industry leading proactive security and support services that enable your business to succeed and grow. With GarrisonPro at your side, your time and resources are freed to focus on what you do best.
We strive to continuously educate our personnel on the best methods for ensuring your success. Our team will always do whatever it takes to deliver top-notch services and support. When it comes to accomplishing your objectives, our persistence is second to none. We leave no stone unturned. When you need to get the job done, rely on GarrisonPro.
We serve our clients with the individual care, patience, and understanding we wish to see in the world. GarrisonPro serves the Tampa Bay area and beyond, and we have helped each of our clients overcome unique challenges. By pursuing a compassionate relationship and understanding of your business, we provide consultative support and growth.